"I was not born moving to spend my life standing still....."

Monday, December 3, 2007

96 days to go.....

Can you believe I actually got yelled at by my friend Chris at our work christmas party because I hadn't updated my blog in a month???? Now I know at least one person reads this thing I will try and be a little more organised and provide more updates...!!

So as the title says, I am finally under the 100 day mark. Starting to get a little nervous now. I had my monthly panic about money on thursday and stayed up most of thursday night going back over my budgets to make sure I hadn't missed anything. I think (fingers crossed!) that I should be fine. I have worked out that it will roughly cost me $23,000 from Ho Chi Minh City to London (March 8th to End of October). Thats includes flights, accomodation, food, drinks and visas. At the moment, I have budgetted to have $20,000 cash to take with me....I have already payed $4000 of the trip which means I should have a few grand up my sleeve just in case and trouble occurs...! I only really need to stress abou money until I get to Finland. If for some reason I have over spent from Vietnam to Russia, I can then fly to the UK and work - save up and come back to where I left off.

Still - it would be pretty damn cool not to work for 8 months...!!!

I'm about to sit down and go back through my itinerary aswell. Not because I want to change anything, but because I need to double check everything. I have written the date for when I need to leave each place...but have forgotten in some spots how and when I actually leave those countries...! For example....I still haven't worked out how to get from Luang Prabang in Laos to Hanoi in Vietnam on the cheap yet. Just little things like that...

I'm going to start buying things for my trip now. I have been holding off for a while waiting the sales and all that. They have finally begun - so I will start my shopping this week. The main stuff I need to get is a new day pack, some good hiking/walking shoes and a really tiny sleeping bag.

I think the next three months are going to go so quick. I worked out that I have 6 pays from work left....which means I only have 12 weeks of work left before I finish up. 12 weeks is nothing!! When ever I think the trip is ages away I just remember that bit and it tend to rev me back up again...I do wish I was leaving earlier though. I've just had enough of everything at the moment!!!! I guess when I go I might wish I had more time at home....but I would go spare if I had to wait any longer.

I went and saw an awesome movie with Jodi last week called "Into The Wild". Absolutely awesome travel and life movie. Anyone whos anyone should go see it....

Ok, so I think thats it at the moment.....will update again soon I promise!

Cheers,

Jess

No comments: