"I was not born moving to spend my life standing still....."

Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve and all that....

I thought it would only be fitting for me to post on Christms eve, along with all the millions of other bloggers around the world...

Its actually been a bit of an emotional week this week, for a number of reasons. I think one of the main reasons is this is going to be my last christmas at home for quite along time. Also once christmas passes, it really is nearly time for me to leave. I worked out that after I get paid this week, I only have four pays to go until I finish up work. Scary.....

I had a pretty intense conversation with my parents last night....we were all pretty drunk though(which is generally when a family discussion begins!). My parents were talking about people who regret things in there life that they have done, or didn't do. Both my folks could list things, quite a few things, that they regretted in there life so far. I found that quite interesting, because I do not reget anything about my life. If I died tomorrow (fingers crossed that wont happen!), I could die knowing that everything I have done in my life has made me the person, or the better person that I am today.

Its interesting because when I was growing up, I was a bit of a mess for different reasons. I was pretty much an all out fuck up between the ages of 14 to 18. But everything I did, or didn't do, has made me a stronger more independant person. I don't regret anything I got upto in those years; I don't regret messing up school, I don't regret the idiot I dated for 18 months, I don't regret the other stuff I got upto either.....because every single thing that happened has made me the person I am. And I think I'm a great person.....which I guess is all that really matters in the end hey? Being happy about who you are and what direction your heading in.

Well, I couldn't be happier.....

So christmas is here tomorrow.....it has really crept up quickly over the past month.

Anyway, thats about all I have to say at the moment.

Merry Christmas everyone....

Cheers,

Jess

No comments: